Who we are
Compare life quotes is a trading name of Brantwood Holdings Ltd (registered company number (03322295) is the data controller in relation to the processing of the personal information that you provide to us when use our services.
What we collect
We collect personal information about you if you use any of our services, for example, obtaining a life insurance quote. The exact information collected will be dependent on your chosen product, for example we may collect your name, date of birth and e-mail address if you requested a life insurance quote. In providing these services to you, we may also store information about how you use our website, the pages viewed and the website from which you came to visit our website.
What we do with the information we gather
- allow you to access and use our services
- to improve aspects of our service
If you are requesting a quote, we may send you a copy of your quote by e-mail so that you have a record of it and can easily retrieve it in the future.
If you apply for a product we will use your information to process your application with your chosen provider.
We will not use your information to send you marketing e-mails without your consent.
We will not pass your information to any third parties for marketing purposes unless directly required to do so in order to provide you details of a life insurance quote.
Who we share your personal information with
When you use any of our services, we may disclose your personal information to the following parties:
- Service providers that we engage to help us provide certain services and/or functionality, such as insurance quotes. These include:
- Synaptic Software – A software provider who will process your personal information to help us provide life insurance and income protection quotes. Your information will not be used for any other purpose.
- Sandbourne Ltd – An FCA regulated firm which will process your data in order to provide you with the quote/service that you request
Your personal data security is very important to us. Our website uses HTTPS which means all communications between your browser and our website are encrypted.
Information stored on our servers are subject to strong, robust security measures both electronic and physical. Security measures are tested and reviewed regularly.
Your data rights
Since GDPR came into force in May 2018 you now have the following rights in connection with your personal data:
- Right to be informed: we will tell you when we are collecting your personal information, why we are processing your data, how long we will keep your information for and who it will be shared with;
- Right to access: the right to request copies of your personal information from us. We will deal with any requests within one month and we will not charge a fee;
- Right to correct: the right to have your personal information rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to be forgotten: the right to request that we delete or remove your personal information from our systems;
- Right to restrict our use of your information: the right to ‘block’ us from using your personal information or limit the way in which we can use it;
- Right to data portability: the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your personal information;
- Right to object: the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
How long we keep your information
If you request quotes or information from us but do not use any of our services we will delete your personal information after six months.
Should you purchase a product through Sandbourne or an affiliated firm you should refer to their privacy statement for details of how long they will retain your information.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Updated May 2018
Compare Life Quotes
15 Runton Road,
If you believe that any information we are holding is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Do you need Aviva’s Simple Life Insurance?
3rd March, 2020
Cost is an understandable concern for many when considering taking out life insurance. But life insurance is also essential to ensure loved ones are not financially impacted in the event of their death.
Read more »
Does being a gig worker leave you vulnerable?
11th February, 2020
Much focus has been put on the gig economy over recent years, raising questions about pay, hours, and more importantly job security. All this financial insecurity comes with living from paycheck to paycheck.
Read more »